- Hilights and makes URLs clickable (launches in default or specified application)
- Uses ShellExecute, meaning support for arbitrary protocols (e.g. Spotify) with an appropriate regexp
- Sets default font to Consolas and enables ClearType if using Windows Vista or later
- Written in plain C (unlike most other patches providing this functionality)
- Shinier icons (originally from PuTTY Tray)
|putty.exe||PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.67.|
|putty-url-0.67.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.67.|
|putty-url-0.66-r1.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.66, revision 1.|
|putty-url-0.66.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.66|
|putty-url-0.65.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.65|
|putty-url-0.64.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.64|
|putty-url-0.63-r1.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.63, revision 1.|
|putty-url-0.63.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.63|
|putty-url-0.62.patch||Patch for PuTTY 0.62|
|putty-tobbez-0.61-r1.patch||Updated patch for PuTTY 0.61 with some bug fixes.|
|putty-tobbez-0.61.patch||First release of the patch for PuTTY 0.61.|
PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.67 released.
Revision 1 of patch for 0.66 released. Fixes an issue where unicode characters would prevent URL detection from working.
PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.66 released.
PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.65 released.
PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.64 released.
Revision 1 of patch for 0.63 released. Fixes an issue where specifying a non-default browser would not work.
PuTTY-url based on PuTTY 0.63 released.
This page went live with a patch for PuTTY 0.62.
Revision 1 of patch for 0.61 including a fix for a crash the patch introduced.
The first version for PuTTY 0.61 was released on my blog.
This patch was created when PuTTY 0.61 was released, since PuTTY Tray was no longer being developed. When that happened I decided to port the functionality I was interested in to the new version, and in the process I also rewrote the C++ parts in C.
The URL handling code from PuTTY Tray originally came from Nutty.
Building it yourself
- Download the PuTTY source, the icons and the patch
- Unpack the source, the icons, and apply the patch:
tar xzf putty-*.tar.gz; cd putty-$VERSION; tar xzf ../putty-url-icons.tar.gz; patch -p1 < ../putty-url-*.patch
- Generate build files:
TOOLPATHvariable so that the variables CC and RC in windows/Makefile.cyg point to your tools (e.g.
cd windows; make -f Makefile.cyg.
- The created executable (putty.exe) can be found in the windows/ subdirectory of the source directory.